- Spokes will be replaced, usually from £2 per spoke. Wheel will be trued. For rear wheels this requires removal of cassette and sometimes disc rotor. Both wheels usually need tyre and tube removing too. Front wheels £12 + spokes, rear wheels £15 + spokes. For complicated rear wheel removal on some electric bikes or speciality bikes the cost will be more.
- Wheels sometimes just need some new spoke nipples. When the nipples start to seize to the spokes it makes trueing a wheel very difficult, if not impossible. Usually, once a few have started to seize then the rest will follow. Wheels with aluminium spoke nipples will be especially prone to corrosion and nipples snapping and disintegrating!
- Full re-nippling including brass spoke nipples. I will use and clean the threads on your existing spokes. If new spokes are required then I will advise a full rebuild
- Prices start at £40 per wheel for a wheel up to 20 spokes. Specialist wheels will cost more. Specialist wheels often involve internally fitted spokes in the rim
Wheel Building (including plain gauge spokes)
- Wheel building prices vary depending on the type of wheel and the spokes used
- As a general rule, new spokes & a fresh rim should be used for a wheel build, although a hub can be built onto many rims
- Please ask for a quote